This is a sponsored post on behalf of This Is Us Music From The Series. although all the fanatism and love for the series is all mine.
Unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard -or probably, you are already a fan- of This Is Us. Now, you can truly connect your life with the story thru the show’s Top Songs. And, even better, you can pre-order This Is Us (Music from the Series) here: https://UMe.lnk.to/ThisIsUs
I am a huge fan of the series. I loved it since the moment I saw the first poster on a bus stop in Los Angeles, and I was able to check out the first episode when it premiered (something that doesn’t happen frequently to me, as I always forget about dates and times simply because I am now too used to stream online my favorite shows), and I got hooked.
Anyways, in case you have missed the entire first season, here is what it is about: “This Is Us” chronicles the Pearson family across the decades: from Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) and Rebecca (Mandy Moore) as young parents in the 1980s and 1990s to their now adult kids Kevin (Justin Hartley), Kate (Chrissy Metz) and Randall (Sterling K. Brown) searching for love, fulfillment and healing in the present day. This grounded, life-affirming dramedy reveals how the events in our lives – both big and small – impact who we become, and how the connections we share with each other can transcend time, distance and even death. Chris Sullivan, Susan Kelechi Watson and Ron Cephas Jones also star. “This Is Us” Season 2 premieres Tuesday, September 26 at 9 pm on NBC. By the way, the show has been nominated for 10 2017 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series for its first season.
** Spoilers alert from some episodes**
Now, here are my top 5 moments of This Is Us season 1 where the music made total sense:
1.The tone-setting “Die with dignity” melody by Sufjan Stevens, for the debut episode. When the music start and the message about the fact about the 18 million other human an average human being shares his or her birthday with is simply delightful and heart warming.
2. “Blues Run the Game” by Jackson C. Frank on episode 3, makes the viewer’s attention and emotions focus on Randall’s biological parent’s bittersweet story and how hard it was for his adoptive parents to make it work with three babies while dealing with grieve.
3. In episode 6, Mandy Moore’s character, Rebecca, uplifts everybody’s spirit when singing “Willin'” in a bar previous to the transmission of the Superbowl XIV, just before asking Jack to promise her they will never have kids. HA! By the way, I love this track is available on Youtube, so go and listen to it here.
4. It is amazing how everyday situations are portraits in this program, as when several scenes show the progression of the Pearson’s washing machines and the renewal projects of their home while “Wind” from Cat Stevens sounds. Just this past weekend we were doing some home improvements at home while listening to the music to the series and I totally felt how this song connects with something like making space for evolution.
5. Have you ever imagined the soundtrack that would be playing when you happen to find out something that is both amazingly exciting and scary? In my case, I can totally feel how “Northern Sky” by Nick Drake fits in episode 11 when Jack and Rebecca learn they are having triplets. That some ground breaking news that needed some mellow music playing in the background.
Wow, this was intense and hard to decide on. I have a ton more of favorite moments from This Is Us where the music simply fits in perfection. Check out the full list of songs:
This Is Us (Music from the Series)
- Death With Dignity – Sufjan Stevens
- You Can Call Me Al – Paul Simon
- Willin’ – Mandy Moore – Song on YouTube here
- Can’t Find My Way Home – Blind Faith
- Uptight (Everything’s Alright) – Stevie Wonder
- The Calvary Cross – Richard Thompson & Linda Thompson
- Watch Me – Labi Siffre
- The Wind – Cat Stevens
- Come Talk To Me – Goldspot
- Blues Run The Game – Jackson C. Frank
- If Only – Maria Taylor (featuring Conor Oberst)
- Northern Sky – Nick Drake
- If I Ever Was A Child – Wilco
- Because Of You – Gene Clark
- Evergreen Cassette (Tape Mix) – Goldspot
- Without You – Badfinger
- The World’s Smiling Now – Jim James
- Photograph – Ringo Starr
- We Can Always Come Back To This – Brian Tyree Henry
- This Is Us Score Suite – Siddhartha Khosla
Facebook Listening Party on release date Sept. 15 at 10 am PT/1pm ET. Click here to join .
This Is Us Season 2 Premieres September 26 at 9pm on NBC