Fact: You never know what you have, till you try to get into a pair of new jeans.
For women like me, who make up the C in the word “Curvy”, going shopping for skirts is a bliss: I just love how the A shaped sheets just slips down my butt and the lovely zipper just cinches my waist, giving me an hourglass silhouette. But nothing of the “I love my heritage” way of thinking happens in my head (and even less, in my mood) when I have to look for trousers, specially for a pair of jeans. In that case, it is more like “This is SPARTAAAA!”: frustration, torture and a lot of battle casualties, which includes nails and, of course, nail polish, a little bit of tight skin, arm pain… And, possibly, tears and screams…
Because, you know, this famous and so crazily popular skinny jeans are not very flattering for all body types. Take a look into this malfunction prone combinations of skinny pants and body types :
- If you have narrow hips + thin legs + wide upper torso, you will accentuate your shoulders and look a bit (or a lot, gulp!) manly.
- If you have small hips/ no butt + thin legs + narrow upper torso/ no boobs, with skinny bottom clothes you will appear as a 14- year old boy and/or as flat as a board.
- If you have an audacious curvy derrière + small waist + generous breasts, probably even the most expensive clothes will look cheap if you abuse the stretching powers of the skinny pieces
- If you have a big butt + wide legs + boobs size C or plus, skinny jeans and leggings will be an excruciating piece of your wardrobe and probably, you may end appearing in some mean websites.
So, having one of these body types, makes you *drum roll*…
THE WINNER FOR THE BEST BODY TYPE FOR STRAIGHT JEANS!
Congratulations, beauty! Now, it’s time to learn how to find this amazing piece of clothing that you will love forever.
Being a Personal Stylist, who happens to have to shop for herself and for a lot of other women, allowed me to look into a lot of piles of clothes and catalogs to corroborate what kind of options we really have, to make it into a pair of nice straight cut jeans. Without the upsetting part of the shopping hassle.
I know they don’t sound like something fun to use, adventurous to rock in an outfit, or even as part of a great style. But, hey! We all need some basic, reliable and neutral pieces to work on all that creativity and inspiration we find on Pinterest, right?
So, whenever you need to look for some good pair of straight cut jeans, look for small pockets, color block (avoid lighter toned parts in the fabric, they create volume), single button and just slight stretchiness.
Here are my brand recommendations:
– Lucky Brand: The Sweet Jean Straight model. If you are planning to use boots, the Charly Skinny is a great option.
– H&M Straight Regular Jeans
– 7 For All Mankind Modern Straight and Kimmie Contour Straight models.
– Levis 512 Perfectly Shaping Straight Jeans
Do you have any recommendations for this jean cut? Write them in a comment, so everyone can learn from you and leave the fitting room with a classy triumphant grin.
*Photo Credit: Essencialapparel.com